Install Wampserver64 3.2.3 (64bit)
email Feedback About This Page
WampServer is a Windows web development environment. It allows you to create web applications with Apache2, PHP and a MySQL/MariaDB database. It includes phpMyAdmin to allow you to manage your databases.
Download the installation exe from:
Steps to Installing Wampserver64
- Start installation by running installation exe file.
- Pick your language and click OK .
- Read the agreement.
- Accept the agreement and click Next :
- Check for requirements.
- c:\wamp64 meets the requirement, click Next .
- Check components to be installed.
When you are ready, click Next .
- Wampmanager (required)
- Apache 2.4.46 (required)
- PHP 5.6.40 (required)
- PHP 7.3.21 (required)
- PHP 7.4.9 (required)
- MariaDB 10.4.13 (required version optional)
- MySQL 5.7.31 (required version optional)
- PhpMyAdmin 5.0.2 (required version optional)
- Adminer 4.7.7 (required)
- PhpSysInfo 3.3.2 (required)
- When you are happy with the Start Menu folder, click Next .
- Check what is to be installed. If you are happy with the components, click Next .
- Wait for installation process. Don't go away - if an error message pops up you will need to deal with it. It takes under 10 minutes .
- You are presented with which browser Wampserver will use. The default is Internet Explorer . It will be better to use Chrome since it has the largest market share. Click Yes to use another browser.
- Choosing another browser. ie. Chrome:
c:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
- You are presented with which text editor Wampserver will use. The default is Notepad . Click Yes to use another text editor. Or click No to continue installation.
- You may get several MSVCR120.dll not found errors during installation. After checking I found MSVCR120.dll was there - the process was not able to find it. Since this error involved mysqld.exe - the MySQL database - I found not running it solved the problem. Later in these steps I show to stop using MySQL.
Click OK on each error message.
- Installation finished. Click Finish .
- Wampserver64 on the Start Menu. Click Wampserver64 to start it.
- Oops! Wampserver icon is orange. Moving the pointer over the icon shows the message: local server - 2 of 3 services running .
The 3 services are:
- apache (running)
- mariadb (running)
- mysql (not running)
- I tried making MySQL use another port without success.
- Got the System Error message about mysqld.exe and MSVCP120.dll not being found.
- Failed to install VC package because another version already installed.
- Wampserver icon is orange so right-click on it.
- A small menu pops open. Move pointer over Wamp Settings and another menu pops open.
- Click on Allow MySQL to remove the green checkmark .
- Wampserver icon is orange so click on it.
- Click on Restart All Services .
- Wampserver is now green. I'll use MariaDb until I have to change to MySQL.