Rosie Print File
This shows the steps to download a mail attachment from the Outlook website to a thumb drive on a Fedora Linux computer.
- Plug your thumb drive into your computer.
When this is done, the Files window opens with the heading EUGENE.
EUGENE is the name of the thumb drive.
- Click File at upper left corner.
Click Create New Folder.
At bottom see Untitled Folder - type date in the form of yyyymmdd ie. 20201207 and hit Enter.
- Hit Enter again.
- Go to Outlook Mail and to the attachment you want to download.
- Move mouse over attachment to show the Download arrow.
A message saying Download will appear.
Click Download arrow.
- Save File window opens.
- Click the EUGENE folder.
Click the folder you had created when plugging in the thumb drive - in this case 20201207.
Click Save button in lower right corner.
- Click Save button again.
Save File window closes.
- Click File Explorer at bottom of screen.
- Confirm that the file is saved on EUGENE in the desired folder.
If it is, click the button to the right of EUGENE.
Close file window by clicking the green circle in the upper right corner.
- Go to Notifications to see the message that says it is okay to unplug the thumb drive.
Notifications is the white circle with ! in it at the bottom right corner of the monitor.
- When you see the Notifications that says the thumb device can be safely unplugged and Device can be removed. do so.
- You can go back to your mail.